Hello from the red zone area of covid-19 at Indonesia

Hi everyone,

It's been years since last time I wrote here.
And it's been years too since I wrote in english.
Today I'm here to share experiences living in red zone area of covid-19 at indonesia.

As everyone know, now covid-19 reach indonesia already and the growth of positive case grows rapidly in a month.
From 2 cases at the beginning of march, it grow into 1500++ cases in the end of march.
And as we all know, Jakarta have most cases.

I live at surabaya and now there's around 90 positive cases here.
So we already in the red zone now.

Goverment (read: president) advised us to do #socialdistancing which now become #physicaldistancing.
Is it effective to prevent more cases???
To be honest if we live in country where people came with similar education background or financial background then it will be very effective.

But in indonesia where people came from various education and financial background, an advice is not enough.
Unless there is a punishment when they not doing it, nobody will care enough to do it.

Most people still take the covid-19 as joke.
They still joking around about corona.
Maybe they thought if they got covid-19 then they can survive 100%.
When we all know, once got positive they choice is only survive or die.
Which we also know, death rate from covid-19 at indonesia is high (last time I check 8%).

And if everyone want to really come down to the street, there still people sit in a crowd at warkop (small coffee shop), a lot of woman in kampung still sit outside and gathered with neighbor gossiping.

Goverment advising for #workfromhome.
But to be honest, how many company will really doing it?
Especially in this economy situation.
They already lost money and predicting will lose more money, and you asking them to willingly let their worker #dirumahaja????
Seriously????

I still work daily now.
But my work day never be as fun as before.
Everyday, I woke up feeling worry to go to office.
And there is nothing I can do about this.
Not like I can resign right away and being irresponsible.
Because to be honest I just want to stay at home nowadays.
Not got paid is ok, as long as I'm not going out

Do you all ever think about us that everyday battle with worry and fear when we going to work?

Economy is important, but life is very precious.
Once your life gone, it is gone.
There's no money that can buy it back.

Did our life are not precious anymore?
Did money now become more precious than life?
I don't know.

I was worry but not super worry about this covid-19.
Until this morning.

My friend text me to inform if someone that we know passed away because covid-19.
She got the virus because she went to jakarta for business trip this month.
Did she want to go to jakarta???
I'm not sure if she volunteered to go.
But when your office ask you to come, can you just reject it???
Can not!!!!
As many office use the "only advise" As a reason to keep you work as usual.

She is a good person.
Indeed a good person.
She was help me a lot to be a better person, develop my character at work.
I always said to everyone that I might be never can be who I am if I never met her.
And to hear news she is gone this way, it is actually break my heart into pieces.

I didn't met her for 5 years by now.
But she always be a person that I respect.
If she was never gave me opportunity to work with her, I may never be the same person.

Very soon will be ramadhan after ramadhan will be idul fitri.
Which means people from big city will doing exodus to their hometown.
Which also means higher chance to spread more virus.
Goverment advice people to not go back to their hometown.
But to be honest, I'm not sure if people will listen into advise only.

I really dont know where I should speak up about my worries.
That's why I write my worries here.

Some people dont want to go work but have to go because office force us too (which I understand the company reason too).
Others that have opportunity to just stay at home, instead going out.

Oh btw, if there's an option of #stayathome and office cut my salary, I will take it without second thought.
Because for me, my life and my family life more precious than anything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evangeline Selection Series (Sugar Biscuit, Greentea, Raw Almond, Coconut Fantasy)

DIY: Eyeshadow Primer

FOTD 17/01/2015 : Monotone Eyeshadow