Jalan-Jalan : Hanoi Vietnam Trip 2018(How to go to Old Quarter from Noibai Airport) Part 1

Hello Friends,

Happy sunday everyone!
Today I'm going to write about my travel experience to Vietnam last june.
I went to hanoi from 12 june - 18 june.
Yes, it was holiday season at Indonesia (eid Fitri) and the ticket price is quite expensive.

My flight was Surabaya - Hanoi via Kuala Lumpur by Air Asia.
It was an early flight and I barely sleep at the night before (too excited maybe..haha).
So My flight from Surabaya to KL at 05.05 AM - 08.35 AM and my flight from KL to Hanoi 12.40 PM - 15.00 PM.



KLIA2



After I reach KLIA2 and eat my brunch, I walk to my gate then sleep on the chair.
You know how chair on the waiting gate at KLIA2 are not designed for people to sleep right?
But I can sleep at that chair for an hour :D.
Too sleepy, so I just fall asleep there.




I arrived at Noibai International airport around 15.15 PM.
After immigration, get my baggage, toilet and changing money, around 4.20 PM I was ready to leave airport to go to my hotel at old quarter.
Tips:
If you are not going to spend a lot at vietnam, in my opinion the money changer at airport give you quite fair rate.
In fact, I only change my money once at airport for the whole 5 days I spend at Vietnam.






There are few choices to go to old quarter from Nobai Airport:

1. By Taxi / Grab.
This option will cost you around usd 10 - USD 15.

2. Hotel Transfer.

3. Bus
Highly recommended for old quarter route!
I was take bus 86 from Nobai to old quarter and walk a lil bit to reach my hotel.
This bus is safe and very cheap (30k dong/person).
They will ask the fee on board and if you don't have small notes, they will give you change.
Tips:
To find bus 86, walk to the left side after you get out from the arrival door.
Then you need to cross the street to find the bus 86 sign.
The bus come very often, you just need to wait a lil bit.







After you hop at the bus, tell the bus staff to notify when you have to get off the bus.
Don't worry, the bus staff can speak english and very nice.



Bus 86 Route

Tips:
Instead of using that bus pamflet, I was using bus stop application call BusMapHN - Hanoi bus map.
Basically you just put the address there and find where the closest bus stop from your hotel.
You can download this apps at google store.
And they also have the exact same apps for ho chi minh area.
Not sponsored, I just find this apps is useful so I want to share with everyone.







I arrived at hotel around 06.00 PM, take a shower and going out for dinner.
There's so many restaurant that you can choose around old quarter.
That night my dinner was KFC.
Even if I can find KFC everywhere at Surabaya, but different country have different menu that only exclusively available there.
And my mom was also want to see what the menu at Hanoi KFC, so we headed to KFC Hoan Kiem.






The thing that I found very interesting is they give us fork and knife for eating KFC.
I will never find any chicken fastfood restaurant that will give us fork and knife at Indonesia.







How's the food?
In my opinion, just ok lah. Not super good but not bad either (even if the chicken is very small..hehe).
I just didn't really like their ketchup, it taste different with ketchup at Indonesia.
Other then their ketchup, it's actually not bad at all.

After dinner, we back to the hotel and rest.
I was chat with my mom for a bit then fall asleep.

-To be Continued-



Next: 
Part 2 - Ngoc Son Temple, Hoan Kiem Lake, Huc Bridge, Dong Xuan Market, Thang Long Water Puppet Show

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Evangeline Selection Series (Sugar Biscuit, Greentea, Raw Almond, Coconut Fantasy)

DIY: Eyeshadow Primer

FOTD 17/01/2015 : Monotone Eyeshadow